Mongez App, a limited liability company, incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Arab Republic of Egypt (“Egypt”) located at 42 El-Moltaqa El Araby District, Sheraton, Cairo, Egypt, and registered under commercial register No. 116553 (“Mongez”,"we", or "our") operates and provides Mongez’s services as stipulated to in the Terms and Conditions (the "Services") via Mongez’s platform (the “Application”).
Capitalized terms used herein, but not otherwise defined, shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in the Terms and Conditions.
I. Data Collection
Upon signing-up to Mongez, and in order to provide our Services, Mongez will require the User to provide different types of data.
1. Personal Data
In order to register with Mongez, and in order to use our Services, Mongez may ask you to supply certain Personal Data to create your personal account (the “User Account”) and profile (the “User Profile”), which information may include, but is not limited to:
(a) For the Customer:
- First name and last name;
- E-mail address;
- Username and password;
- Mobile number; and
- Residential address details (including, but not limited to, Country, City, and Postal code).
(b) For the Worker:
- First name and last name;
- E-mail address;
- Username and password;
- Mobile number;
- Residential address details (including, but not limited to, Country, City, and Postal code);
- Criminal records certificate;
- Copy of national identity card (front and back);
- Personal photo; and
- Mode of transportation and any ancillary registration thereof (if applicable).
The Personal Data supplied by Users will be available on the User’s User Account and User Profile. The User may modify such Personal Data via the Edit option on the Application.
Users of Application and Services undertake to provide real, correct, accurate and up-to-date Personal Data. The User shall be held severally liable for, and shall indemnify, defend and hold Mongez harmless against any and all, direct and indirect, damages or losses, asserted against, or incurred, or sustained or suffered by Mongez, as a result of, or arising out of or relating to any inaccuracy or lack of applicability or lack of authenticity of any of the Personal Data provided by the User.
2. Usage Data
Mongez gathers certain information when Users access the Services via a mobile device (the “Usage Data”). The User authorizes Mongez to collect Usage Data automatically, and such Usage Data includes, but is not limited to, the mobile device type, the hardware model, the IP address, the operating system, the software, the unique device identifiers, the advertising identifiers, the serial number, the Location Information (as defined below), the device motion information, the mobile network information, and other diagnostic information.
3. Cookies and Tracking Technology
- Mongez uses Session Cookies to operate and provide the Services.
- Mongez uses Preference Cookies to remember a User’s preferences and settings.
- Mongez uses Security Cookies for security purposes.
4. Location Information
Mongez may detect and collect a User’s exact or estimated geographic location information through GPS, IP address and WiFi (the “Location Information”), subject to the User’s Application settings or device permissions. For Customers, the Application collects Location Information in order to detect the Customer’s Delivery address. For Workers, the Application collects Location Information in order to allow the Customer to track the Deliveries in progress. Mongez may collect Location Information when the Application is running on your mobile device, if such Location Information detection is enabled through the User’s Application settings or through the mobile device permissions.
If a User has enabled the Location Information detection setting on their Application or through their mobile device, the User allows Mongez to share such Location Information with the Worker in order to provide the Services.
Users may access the Services without enabling Mongez to collect their Location Information. Mobile devices allow Users to disable the detection and collection of Location Information, which may allow Users to deny Mongez’s access to their Location Information. Accordingly, Customers will have to enter their Delivery address manually.
II. Use of Data
Mongez collects Personal Data, and any other information, for the following purposes:
- To provide it to the Worker, to allow them to carry out the Services requested by a User, in connection with an Order or a Delivery;
- To track the progress of a Delivery;
- To monitor transactions relevant to the Services requested or Services provided, Order details, Delivery information, date and time a Service was provided, and the amount billed for such Service;
- To screen and conduct background checks on Workers, to enable them to carry out the Services;
- To review User ratings, to assess and appraise Workers;
3. Customer Support:
- To provide customer care and support;
- To investigate, address any complaints, claims or disputes relating to the User’s use of the Services;
- To process and inquire about User feedback and ratings;
- To inform the Users of any promotion;
- To test, analyze, monitor, maintain and improve the Services;
- To detect, prevent, address and resolve technical issues;
- To troubleshoot the software and address any operational issues, if necessary; and
- To send Users promotional e-mails relevant to the Services provided by Mongez.
Please note that Users may unsubscribe, via the “Unsubscribe” option, from receiving such e-mails and may disable such push notifications via the Application settings at any time.
III. Transfer Of Data
IV. Disclosure and Security Of Data
1. Disclosure of Data
Mongez undertakes that the Personal Data, and the Data Collected may not be disclosed, transferred, or used for a purpose other than to provide the Services, without the prior consent of the User. However, Mongez may, in good faith, when required, and if necessary, disclose your Personal Data:
- To comply with a legal obligation in accordance with the laws and regulations of the jurisdiction in which Mongez carries out its Services;
- To protect the rights and property of Mongez;
- To prevent or investigate a Services related incident;
- To uphold the safety of Users, the public, and Mongez; and
- To protect Mongez against liability.
Moreover, for the purposes of providing the Services, Mongez may disclose your Personal Data:
- To background check service providers (applicable to Workers);
- To data analytics service providers;
- To research entities; and
- To legal advisors, consultants, accountants.
2. Security Of Data
Mongez cannot guarantee the absolute security of the means by which Personal Data is sharedor diffused over the Internet, or the means by which Personal Data is stored electronically. Mongez will use its best endeavors and exert its best efforts to protect the Users’ Personal Data and Data Collected.
Mongez is under a statutory obligation, pursuant to the Egyptian Law No. 175 of 2018 for Fighting Data Technology Crimes, to maintain the secrecy of Personal Data and Data Collected and not to disclose such data except where there is a justified competent court order to disclose such data. Mongez shall also uphold the security of Personal Data and the Data Collected and maintain the secrecy of said Personal Data and Data Collected and strive to protect them against hacking or damage.
V. Service Providers
Mongez may use third party entities or individuals to enable the provision of certain aspects of the Services on behalf of Mongez, or to analyze the provision of the Services (the "Third Party Service Providers"). Third Party Service Providers will have access to your Personal Data to carry out the tasks assigned by Mongez. Third Party Service Providers are under an obligation not to disclose such Personal Data nor repurpose such data for any purpose except for the purposes stipulated herein.
Mongez may use analytics service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services, such as:
- Google Analytics (provided by Google Inc.).
- Firebase (provided by Google Inc.).
VI. Data Access and Data Retention
1. Data Access
Prior to accessing the User’s Personal Data or Location Information, Mongez will request the User’s permission, and the User shall be entitled to consent to permit or deny to permit Mongez’s access to any data requested by Mongez. The Application will not access the User’s data, without such User’s prior authorization. Please note that each operating system employs a different permission system to obtain the User’s permission.
Please consult the security guidelines of your mobile device’s relevant operating system.
2. Data Retention
In order to provide its Services, Mongez requires the User to provide certain Personal Data to build a User Profile and User Account. Mongez will retain such Personal Data, and other data pertaining to transactions, Location Information, and Usage Data, for tax, insurance and regulatory purposes, and to comply with the applicable laws and regulations of the jurisdiction in which Mongez carries out its Services. As soon as the retention of such data is no longer necessary, Mongez will undertake the necessary steps towards preventing access to such data.
The User may delete its User Account, at any time, by contacting Mongez’s customer support Phone number : 01118022218 Website: https://mongez.app/.
Mongez provides its Users with Delivery progress notifications, and any other updates pertaining to the User Account, the Application or the Services. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through the Settings option of the Application.
VIII. Children's Privacy
Users must be at least 18 years of age in order to register with Mongez, and access its Services. Mongez’s Services are not directed at, and do not address individuals under the age of 18 ("Children"), and Mongez does not deliberately collect Personal Data from Children. In the event that Mongez realizes or is notified that a Child has provided Personal Data without a parent’s or a legal guardian’s prior consent, Mongez will take the necessary action towards removing such data from its servers. We urge any parent or legal guardian whose Child has provided Personal Data, without said parent or legal guardian’s prior consent, to contact Mongez’s customer support to rectify the situation.